Hard water problem has been spreading in many places. To solve them out, you need to get the Best Water Softener Reviews to make things better for you and your home. We have listed the Top 3 of them in this post. Read on the features, and check out whether it matches with your requirements or not.
Water Softener is a machine which does the work of softening. It softens the hard water by replacing the hard minerals with sodium or potassium ions. Those who are allergic to salt can opt for the potassium option.
The Winners: Best Water Softener Reviews
Giving a brief about the working of a softener; hard minerals like calcium and magnesium causes the hard water. They are replaced with sodium ions, this makes the resulting water salty. Soft water is salty in nature; this may not be suitable for direct drinking.
Following are our favorite picks for the Best Water Softener, let’s get started!
#1 Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener
Fleck 5600SXT has been the top recommendation for a long time now. It is considered the best out of all the Water Softeners which are currently running in the market. Fleck is one of the top-selling brands of Best Water Softener of 2017. This USA-made polyglass tank comes with digital meters and an on-demand valve on it. 5600 is the newest among the Fleck series with all the programmable cycles set on it.
Coming to the digital meter details, they are found to be easy in understanding and is also informative.
- Strictly acts on the hard water, thus increasing the soap efficiency and reducing the scale buildup.
- The On-Demand control valve processes only after the user has requested for it.
- Hard minerals like calcium and magnesium are removed using the ion exchange process. These minerals are replaced with the sodium ions.
- The regeneration process is performed when the system needs to. For example, if you have got guests in the house, then water-needs will automatically increase. In such times, the softener regenerates more than the normal ones. So, we can say that the unit is much smarter in here.
- The tank has got a super warranty of 10 years!
- Anyone with some basic plumbing skills can set the system up within one or two hours. Duration can vary.
This is undoubtedly the Best deal you can make! Considering the features, and the warranty given – you don’t have to give a second thought here. Just Go For It!
#2 Eddy Water Descaler Electronic Water Softener
Facing hard water issues in your area? Then you have to quickly get a solution for this – there is nothing as better as a Water Softener. If you are getting any limescale buildup on the plumbing sets, then this means that your water supply includes calcium and magnesium in high amounts.
These are compounds must be dealt for solving the hard water problem. It is also listed as one of the Top rated picks by WaterPeek in their buyers’ guide which is one of the best references till now.
Coming to the Eddy Water Descaler, this is much easier to install and does not even require salt as any ordinary water softener.
- Works mainly on the limescale buildup! Note this point again. They do not reduce the hardness or eliminate the hard minerals like a softener.
- This device reduces the intensity/affects of hard water.
- If you are looking for ways to avoid salt usage, then you can choose the Eddy Descaler in such case.
- You won’t get any chemical composition altered here, so can easily benefit from minerals like calcium, etc.
Working is simple; this electronic device produces strong electromagnetic waves. These waves are passed through the coils which kept in contact with the incoming water supply.
They reduce or change the properties of the minerals, so as to eliminate the adhesion property. This way, the limescale buildup can be controlled, and reduced in a significant manner. TDS is not affected, and thus all the healthy and necessary minerals are retained back in the water.
#3 Watts RV PRO-1000 Portable Water Softener
We have an RV water softener, which is portable of course! You might have understood this by the name itself. The quality of being portable has itself made this softener the most desired for the RVs. (RV is a recreational vehicle) They are also found to be durable and is built to run for more than a year.
- With a mere weight of 9 pounds, you can easily carry the unit with yourselves wherever you go.
- Consider the space availability in your RVs before proceeding with the purchase.
- This softener is less bulky in shape, compared to other portable water softener systems.
- It works for a quality time period of more than 1 year. This is one of the cool exceptions found in a portable softener.
If you are particularly looking out for a RV support in a softener, then the Watts Pro-1000 is the only recommendation. There are not many options available in the softeners when it comes to the RV support.
Some points which you need to consider before the purchase – the water hardness level, flow rate of the water, salt or salt-less softener? With the help of these questions, you can make the selection procedure quick and even make the best Softener deal too. Follow TEXCRA for getting similar post updates.